The Dean’s Perspective
The Dean’s Perspective focuses on issues pertinent to the relationship between academic public health and the practice community.
Jay E. Maddock, PhD is the Dean of the School of Public Health at Texas A&M University. He is internationally recognized for his research in social ecological approaches to increasing physical activity. He has served as principal investigator on over $18 million in extramural funding and authored over 100 scientific articles. [Full Bio]
Read all columns in this series:
- Skills for Public Health Graduates
- New Measures of Academic Impact
- Health in the South
- The Value of a Global Experience
- Make a Public Health Resolution
- Creating a National Dialogue Around Public Health Issues
- The Executive-in-Residence: An Idea Whose Time Has Come?
- Can Public Health Be the New Psychology?