PH WINS 2021
The January 2023 supplemental issue of the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice highlights the findings of the 2021 Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey (PH WINS) conducted by the de Beaumont Foundation and the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) between September 2021 and January 2022. The survey provides data on workforce demographics, job characteristics, training needs, intent to stay or leave, professional engagement and satisfaction, and other areas. Previously conducted in 2014 and 2017, PH WINS is the only nationally representative survey of state and local government public health employees in the United States.
Guest editors of the PH WINS 2021 supplement are David Lakey, MD; Dave A. Chokshi, MD, MSc; and Rachel Hare Bork, PhD.
Read the supplement here.
Go Behind the Supplement on JPHMP Direct:
- Public Health Workforce: Where Is the Qualitative Research?
- The Limits of Resilience: A Need to Rebuild Mental Health and Well-being within the Public Health Community
- New Research on Big City Health Officials and Their Staff Show High Levels of Diversity, Commitment, and Acute Stress
- Time to Reflect and Plan for the Future: COVID-19 Response Lessons from the Public Health Workforce
- Changing Competency Gaps and Modernization of the Public Health Workforce
- The ‘Opportunity Cost’ of COVID-19: Measuring the Critical Public Health Work Lost During the Pandemic