by Ed Baker, MSC, MD, MPH
For over 15 years, the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice has published a regular column — The Management Moment — designed to provide busy public health practitioners with succinct summaries on the practice of public health leadership. Now, through JPHMP Direct, we offer compilations of these columns along with leader interviews on how to put concepts into practice. This JPHMP Direct Leadership Library is designed as a “one stop shop” resource for students in public health graduate schools, for public health agency staff, and for individual professionals engaged in coaching and mentoring activity.
We offer the JPHMP Direct Leadership Library with the hope that it will contribute to the growth and development of our nation’s public health leaders — our most vital resource.
- Core Concepts
- Core Skills and Best Practices
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Sponsorship
- Advocacy for Leaders: Crafting Better Messages
- Advanced Concepts
- Job Transitions and Learning from Experience
- Leadership During the COVID 19 Pandemic
- Thoughts on Adaptive Leadership during a Challenging Time (2020)
- Crisis Leadership–From the Haiti Earthquake to the COVID Pandemic (2020)
- Conducting Successful Virtual Meetings While Managing COVID Fatigue (2021)
- Leading in the COVID-19 Crisis: Challenges and Solutions for State Health Leaders (2021)