JPHMP Direct Talk Podcast: Health and Well-Being in Healthy People 2030 with Nico Pronk and Dushanka Kleinman
In this episode of JPHMP Direct Talk, authors Nico Pronk and Dushanka Kleinman discuss their article, “Promoting Health and Well-being in Healthy People 2030,” published ahead of print in the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice.
Healthy People 2030 describes a vision and offers benchmarks that can be used to track progress toward the goal of all people in the United States achieving their full potential for health and well-being across the life span. This vision can be realized through evidence-based interventions and policies that address the economic, physical, and social environments in which people live, learn, work, and play. Securing health and well-being for all will benefit society as a whole. Gaining such benefits requires eliminating health disparities, achieving health equity, attaining health literacy, and strengthening the physical, social, and economic environments. Implementation of Healthy People 2030 will by strengthened by engaging stake-holders from many sectors and ensuring the effective use and alignment of resources. Promoting the nation’s health and well-being is a shared responsibility—at the national, state, territorial, tribal, and community levels. It requires involving the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors.
Listen to the full conversation here:
- Promoting Health and Well-being in Healthy People 2030
- Infographic: Promoting Health and Well-being in Healthy People 2030
- Healthy People 2030: A Call to Action to Lead America to Healthier Lives
Nico Pronk, PhD, MA, FACSM, FAWHP, is President of the HealthPartners Institute and Chief Science Officer at HealthPartners, Inc. and holds faculty appointments as Affiliate Full Professor of Health Policy and Management at the University of Minnesota, School of Public Health in Minneapolis, Minnesota and as Visiting Scientist of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dushanka V. Kleinman DDS, MScD, is the Principal Associate Dean, Associate Dean for Research and Professor, School of Public Health, University of Maryland at College Park. She recently completed serving as the co-chair of the HHS Secretary’s Advisory Committee on National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives for 2030.
- Most Recent2021.04.21Podcast: Updating Health Literacy for Healthy People 2030
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.04.14Infographic: Preventive Medicine Physician Workforce Supply & Distribution
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.04.1310 Ways HRSA-Supported Preventive Medicine Residencies Responded to COVID-19
- Most Recent2021.04.13Podcast: Addressing Health Equity and SDOH Through Healthy People 2030