Catching Up with Certified Health Education Specialist LaTonya Bynum
by Camelia Singletary, MPH
Public Health Perspectives is a podcast series targeted towards strengthening the future public health workforce by exploring the narratives of public health care professionals to gain insight on career paths that shape the profession.
In this episode of Public Health Perspectives, I catch up with LaTonya Bynum, a previous guest on the show (see Episode 5) who gives us an update about the work that she’s been doing with CHES, her new business, new book, and lots more.
Bynum is the Founder/CEO of URA Resource Center, LLC; a Masters in Public Health-trained consultant; health information technology technical editor; certified health education specialist (CHES); KJBN radio guest on 1050AM, Apple, and Android; CHES Exam Study Tips app creator; and social media influencer.
Connect with her on her social media platforms where she shares career resources, business opportunity tips, CHES exam study resources, and celebrates the journey towards becoming a valued resource for the community:
- LinkedIn: LaTonya Bynum, MPH, CHES®
- Instagram: SisSpeaksLife
- Facebook Business: URAresource
- Facebook Author: LaTonya Bynum
- SoundCloud: SisSpeaksLife
- Twitter” SisSpeaksLife
- YouTube” LaTonyaBynumTV
Music presented in this program comes from The Gentle Art of Squinting by Taylor Arnold and Jordan Wilson. Listen to the complete album here. Cover art by Shawna Arnold.
Camelia Singletary, MPH, received her master’s degree in public health from the University of South Carolina in 2015. Her research interests include exploring the implementation of school physical activity programs in combination with nutritional components. She is also interested in analyzing the adoption of physical activity and healthy eating skills from a social-cognitive perspective. As a public health communicator at JPHMP Direct, she hopes to create linkages between evidence-based research, public health coursework, and health certification competencies.
- HRSA's Investment in Public Health2021.09.28Podcast: The Unique Role (and Challenges) of the Preventive Medicine Workforce
- JPHMP Direct Voices2021.08.09Resources to Help Schools Promote COVID-19 Vaccination
- Big Cities Health Coalition2021.06.30How Health Departments Are Addressing Substance Use Disorder and Overdose During a Pandemic
- Healthy People 20302021.06.16Podcast: Law and Policy as Tools in Healthy People 2030