New Review of JPHMP’s 21 Public Health Case Studies on Policy & Administration in March Issue of AJPH
JPHMP’s 21 Public Health Case Studies on Policy & Administration by Lloyd Novick, Cynthia Morrow, and Carole Novick, a collection of real-world scenarios of public health professionals overcoming challenges and the policy interventions that led to success, is reviewed in the March issue of AJPH.
Julie Kornfeld PhD, MPH, writes in “A Case for Real-World Thinking” :
“Lloyd Novick and his collaborators offer detailed descriptions of 21 actual scenarios written by the players engaged in the messy and complicated work of public health. The range of topics and diversity of settings make for a rich tapestry of voices that paints a vivid picture and, in Novick’s words, casts students ‘as decision makers.'”
Kornfeld cites one of the case studies in the book, “Health in All Neighborhoods: The Story of an Independent Grocer as a Public Health Leader,” as “an honest rendition of the challenges and sensitivities of fostering collaboration among stakeholders while taking into consideration the needs and perspectives of individual community members.”
Elsewhere, she writes: “One area of clear added value provided by this book is case presentations that highlight the interdisciplinary nature of public health and thus foster important dialogue about the challenges and opportunities of such work. The 64 contributing writers are real-life actors who convene to analyze evidence, find common ground, and develop solutions across multiple sectors.”
To read the entire review, see “A Case for Real-World Thinking” in the March issue of AJPH.
To order a copy of JPHMP’s 21 Case Studies on Policy and Administration, visit Wolters Kluwer.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Three Reviews of JPHMP’s 21 Public Health Case Studies on Policy and Administration
- JPHMP Editors Unveil New Public Health Case Studies Book at APHA in Atlanta
- Backstories in Epidemiology, a series of true medical mysteries
- Big Cities Health Coalition2021.06.30How Health Departments Are Addressing Substance Use Disorder and Overdose During a Pandemic
- Announcements2021.06.21AcademyHealth Call for Nominations
- Healthy People 20302021.06.16Podcast: Law and Policy as Tools in Healthy People 2030
- HRSA's Investment in Public Health2021.05.18Video Q&A — Preventive Medicine for Rural America: Why More Training Programs Must Be Here