Tutorial: How to Write the Methods Section of a Scientific Article
This tutorial helps you write the methods section of a scientific article.
Dr. Justin B. Moore shares writing advice in his column The Scholarship of Public Health. In “Writing the Methods Section of Your Manuscript for the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice,” he offers tips on study design, setting, participants, data source or measure, quantification of variables, and statistical methods, all of which are explained in depth in this new tutorial.
Need More Help?
What other tutorials would you like us to produce? Leave a Reply (at the bottom of this page), and we’ll do our best to create more useful resources like this one.
Share this Tutorial on Social Media
Share this on Twitter!
This new #video #tutorial @justinbmoorephd explains how to write the methods section of a scientific article for the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. #writingtips
Share this on Facebook!
This new video tutorial by the Associate Editor of the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice explains how to write the methods section of a scientific article.
You Might Also Enjoy These Other Tutorials:
- How to Write an Abstract for a Scientific Article
- How to Write the Results Section of a Scientific Article
- How to Write the Discussion Section of a Scientific Article
- How to Write the Introduction of a Scientific Article — coming soon!
- How to Use the “Writing in Boxes for Scientific Articles” e-Learning Module
Justin B. Moore, PhD, MS, FACSM, is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice and an Associate Professor in the Department of Implementation Science of the Wake Forest School of Medicine at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC, USA. Follow him at Twitter and Instagram. [Full Bio]
- Most Recent2021.04.21Podcast: Updating Health Literacy for Healthy People 2030
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.04.14Infographic: Preventive Medicine Physician Workforce Supply & Distribution
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.04.1310 Ways HRSA-Supported Preventive Medicine Residencies Responded to COVID-19
- Most Recent2021.04.13Podcast: Addressing Health Equity and SDOH Through Healthy People 2030