Tutorial: How to Write the Methods Section of a Scientific Article
This tutorial helps you write the methods section of a scientific article.
Dr. Justin B. Moore shares writing advice in his column The Scholarship of Public Health. In “Writing the Methods Section of Your Manuscript for the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice,” he offers tips on study design, setting, participants, data source or measure, quantification of variables, and statistical methods, all of which are explained in depth in this new tutorial.
Need More Help?
What other tutorials would you like us to produce? Leave a Reply (at the bottom of this page), and we’ll do our best to create more useful resources like this one.
Share this Tutorial on Social Media
Share this on Twitter!
This new #video #tutorial @justinbmoorephd explains how to write the methods section of a scientific article for the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. #writingtips
Share this on Facebook!
This new video tutorial by the Associate Editor of the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice explains how to write the methods section of a scientific article.
You Might Also Enjoy These Other Tutorials:
- How to Write an Abstract for a Scientific Article
- How to Write the Results Section of a Scientific Article
- How to Write the Discussion Section of a Scientific Article
- How to Write the Introduction of a Scientific Article — coming soon!
- How to Use the “Writing in Boxes for Scientific Articles” e-Learning Module
Justin B. Moore, PhD, MS, FACSM, is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice and an Associate Professor in the Department of Implementation Science of the Wake Forest School of Medicine at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC, USA. Follow him at Twitter and Instagram. [Full Bio]
- HRSA's Investment in Public Health2021.09.28Podcast: The Unique Role (and Challenges) of the Preventive Medicine Workforce
- JPHMP Direct Voices2021.08.09Resources to Help Schools Promote COVID-19 Vaccination
- Big Cities Health Coalition2021.06.30How Health Departments Are Addressing Substance Use Disorder and Overdose During a Pandemic
- Healthy People 20302021.06.16Podcast: Law and Policy as Tools in Healthy People 2030