CDC’s 6|18 Initiative: A Cross-Sector Approach to Translating Evidence Into Practice
CDC’s Office of Health Systems Collaboration
Please see the recently published article “CDC’s 6|18 Initiative: A Cross-Sector Approach to Translating Evidence Into Practice” by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Center for Health Care Strategies, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in the Journal of Public Health Practice and Management to learn more about how CDC’s 6|18 Initiative is strengthening partnerships between state health departments and Medicaid agencies to help improve health coverage and control health care costs using evidence-based interventions.
This new article explores how the collaboration of nine state Medicaid and public health agency teams contributed to payment policy changes and improved health outcomes.
If you haven’t already, check out our New Infographic!!!
Interested in duplicating the 6|18 framework? Want to know where to start? Here are some of the first steps you can take!
Steps for Medicaid Agencies to Consider:
- See which of your high-cost health priorities align with 6|18 conditions
- Identify strategies to improve benefits coverage and use
- Call your public health department counterpart. Cultivate a collaboration.
Steps for Public Health Departments to Consider:
- See which of your high-burden health priorities align with 6|18 interventions
- Use economic information to make a business case for key decision makers
- Call your Medicaid agency counterpart. Cultivate a collaboration.
For more information about CDC’s 6/18 Initiative, visit https://www.cdc.gov/sixeighteen/.
- Students of Public Health2023.01.23Students Who Rocked Public Health 2022
- Students of Public Health2022.12.01Deadline Extended to Nominate a Student Who Rocked Public Health in 2022
- JPHMP Direct Voices2022.10.19Preview Issue for Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey
- Uncategorized2022.10.12Partnering for Success in One Ohio County