Public Health Accreditation Activity Map
The Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) is now 10 years old and the benefits of being served by a PHAB-accredited health department now reach across the map. Since our incorporation in 2007, a total of 220 governmental public health departments plus one statewide public health department system have successfully placed their work for peer review against PHAB’s national standards, bringing new levels of transparency, credibility, and recognition to their mission to improve the health of the communities they serve. Read more about the impact of accreditation and PHAB’s future plans in this special supplement issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice. In addition, PHAB is pleased to announce the launch of its 2018 Accreditation Works! series. For this special occasion, 22 health departments share first-hand testimonials about the benefits national accreditation brings to their health departments and communities.
May we recommend a few of the articles featured in our new supplement Impact of Public Health Accreditation:
- Quality Improvement and Performance Management Benefits of Public Health Accreditation: National Evaluation Findings
- Has Voluntary Public Health Accreditation Impacted Health Department Perceptions and Activities in Quality Improvement and Performance Management?
- Changes in Local Public Health System Performance Before and After Attainment of National Accreditation Standards
- Accredited Health Department Partnerships to Improve Health: An Analysis of Community Health Assessments and Improvement Plans
- Public Health Employees’ Perception of Workplace Environment and Job Satisfaction: The Role of Local Health Departments’ Engagement in Accreditation
- Benefits and Perceptions of Public Health Accreditation Among Health Departments Not Yet Applying
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.05.06Infographic: Updating Health Literacy for Healthy People 2030
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.04.29Video Summary: Outcomes of an Intervention to Increase Physicians Underrepresented in Medicine in Occupational Medicine Training
- Most Recent2021.04.21Podcast: Updating Health Literacy for Healthy People 2030
- From the Editor-in-Chief2021.04.14Infographic: Preventive Medicine Physician Workforce Supply & Distribution