Consulting Editor of JPHMP, Patricia MacCubbin, Recently Honored with PRIM&R ARENA Legacy Award
JPHMP Editorial Board Member Patricia A. MacCubbin, MS, has been presented the 2016 PRIM&R ARENA Legacy Award. MacCubbin is the President and CEO of Research Ethics Group and serves as the Consulting Editor for Human Subjects Protection for the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice.
The PRIM&R ARENA Legacy Award was developed to recognize the legacy of the Applied Research Ethics National Association (ARENA), the previous membership division (1986-2006) of Public Responsibility in Medicine & Research (PRIM&R). The mission of PRIM&R is to advance the highest ethical standards in the conduct of biomedical, behavioral, and social science research. The organization accomplishes this mission through education, membership services, professional certification, public policy initiatives, and community building. MacCubbin has been an active member of PRIM&R since 1998, serving as chair and member of three social and behavioral research ethics conference committees, as a member of the poster abstract subcommittee for three conferences, on PRIM&R’s regional activities committee, and as faculty at seven PRIM&R conferences. The ARENA Legacy Award is given to an individual who has made an exemplary contribution by promoting the ethical conduct of research through mentoring, teaching, and leadership. The award was presented in January by PRIM&R board chair and previous president of ARENA Susan Kornetsky, MPH.
For further reading, consider these related articles from the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice*:
- The Role of the Institutional Review Board in Public Health Research: The Position of the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice
- Human Subjects Protection: An Increasing Challenge for the Public Health Agency
*May require a subscription.
- Big Cities Health Coalition2021.06.30How Health Departments Are Addressing Substance Use Disorder and Overdose During a Pandemic
- Announcements2021.06.21AcademyHealth Call for Nominations
- Healthy People 20302021.06.16Podcast: Law and Policy as Tools in Healthy People 2030
- HRSA's Investment in Public Health2021.05.18Video Q&A — Preventive Medicine for Rural America: Why More Training Programs Must Be Here